COVID-19 Assessment Centre
What You Need to Know
The Assessment Centre is open daily for pre-booked appointments. Messages are retrieved from our answering machine from 8 am to 3:30 pm each day. When our schedulers call you back, the call display will read 'unknown' private number.
The Centre is being operated by physicians and staff from Almonte General Hospital, Carleton Place & District Memorial Hospital and Lanark County Paramedic Service, in partnership with the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit (LGLDHU). This Centre is exclusively for the purpose of COVID-19 assessments.
Patients must make an appointment by calling 613-325-1208. No walk-in patients can be accommodated.
Where is the Assessment Centre?
- The Testing Clinic is located at Almonte General Hospital in the Octagon Room.
- The Care Clinic is in the brick building behind the Emergency Department. Patients who have a confirmed appointment with a primary care provider will continue to go to the Care Clinic. Referrals are required.
- Parking is available at the Centre - including curbside parking outside the Octagon Room. There is signage to direct patients.
- Please note that there is no access to Almonte General Hospital from these areas.
Who Can Be Tested?
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19
- Anyone who is a positive COVID-19 contact as defined by Public Health
- Anyone who is part of a target testing group as defined by the MOH-LTC
We do not test children under 2 years of age in our Testing Clinic. Please call your local family physician/ nurse practitioner/Telehealth Ontario to arrange a Care Clinic assessment and testing. Testing is also available through CHEO's Emergency Department (under 6 months), or through a dedicated CHEO team at Brewer Park in Ottawa (6 months and older). For
more information, visit: https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/resources/Corona/testingupdates/factsheets/COVID-19-CHEO-Assessment-Centre-Factsheet-EN.pdf
How Do I book an appointment?
- If you are
asymptomatic or have mild symptoms and are seeking a test, please call 613-325-1208
and leave a message. A scheduler will call you back
to book an appointment. The
return call will come from a private/unknown number.
- Messages are
retrieved from 8 am to 3:30 pm each day.
- For those who do not have access to a phone, please stop by the Testing Clinic and we will assist you in arranging an appointment.
- For local
children 2 years or under, please call your family physician/ nurse
- If you have
moderate or severe symptoms, please call your family physician/ nurse
practitioner/telehealth, or present to a hospital emergency room/call 911,
depending on symptom severity. Local physicians in Almonte and Carleton
Place staff a referral-based Care Clinic, dedicated to servicing the care
needs of their patients. For moderate symptoms requiring a physician
assessment, you may also consider accessing an alternate COVID Assessment
- As this is a
novel and emerging virus, please access the government screening tool for
an up-to-date list of COVID symptoms.
What happens at the Assessment Centre?
- You will be tested using a swab.
- Most testing is performed via our Testing Clinic.
- Patients will be asked to sanitize their hands and wear a mask. Only essential accompaniment is permitted (eg translator for language barrier).
- Please bring your health card or one piece of identification.
How do I cancel a previously booked appointment?
- To cancel a previously booked appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your name, date of birth, health card number and date of appointment in your email content.
How do I access
my test results?
Find the self-serve portal here.
- If you have a current Ontario Health Card, please go to the government's online portal to access your COVID-19 lab test results.
- Results will be available 2-7 days after you are tested. If it has been OVER 7 days, please email email@example.com
- If you have a red/white health card or live outside of Ontario, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, date of birth, health card number, and the date of your test in the email content.
- Of note, ALL Positive Tests will be followed up by the Health Unit.
- Watch a video about how COVID-19 tests are processed. Thank you to our EORLA colleagues for all that you are doing.