Visitor Guidelines - Effective September 28, 2023
As our region is showing an increased positivity rate for COVID-19, coupling with Flu season, effective immediately mandatory masking will be re-introduced to all patient care areas.
Please note that visits take place at Fairview Manor under very specific guidelines from the Ministry of Long Term Care. These guidelines can be found at www.agh-fvm.com/fvm-gettoknowus
For visiting at Almonte General Hospital here are the specific guidelines:
Visiting Hours: 10am to 9pm daily
VISITOR GUIDELINES DURING THIS TIME ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- By entering the building, visitors are confirming that they pass the screening questions posted on the door
- Hospital provided masks are to be worn by all staff, physicians, volunteers, students and visitors in all areas where patient care is provided
- Essential caregivers may be present outside of visiting hours.
- The patient or NOK/POA is responsible for identifying their designated Caregiver and visitors.
Care Partner Criteria
- Parent/ caregiver for a child under ≤ 16 years of age
- Provide required medical history for someone with reduced mental capacity
- Frail elderly
- Requires assistance with mobility
- Requires assistance with feeding
- Language barrier
- Emotionally distraught, mental health crisis
Keeping patients, staff, and the community safe is our number one priority. We will continue to monitor the prevalence of COVID 19 in our region, along with directives and guidelines from Public Health and the Ministry of Health, and will adjust our plan as required.
Appointments to visit patients no longer need to be pre-booked.