Thank you for your support and understanding as our visiting guidelines evolve.
Here are the current guidelines for indoor visits:
- All general visitors, including children under the age of 5, can resume visits. Up to four visitors per resident at a time (including caregivers). Indoor visits do not have to be pre-scheduled. Visiting hours are from 10 am to 7 pm.
- Physical distancing will no longer be required between residents and visitors but caregivers and visitors are to remain masked at all times. Eating and drinking with residents is not permitted.
- General visitors must be fully vaccinated with two vaccine doses and essential caregivers will need to have three doses.
- All general visitors and essential caregivers will be given a rapid test at each visit unless they were tested the day before.
- Day absences for all residents for social purposes are permitted. Residents will be tested on day 5 following a social outing. For overnight absences, isolation is not required. Testing will occur on day 5 following the absence.
- Outdoor visits must be scheduled in advance. Screening will take place, but proof of vaccination and testing is not required. Masks are not
required outdoors for staff, residents, students, volunteers, or visitors
(general or essential), however outdoor masking is still recommended and
encouraged where tolerated as an added layer of protection when in close
proximity to others. To schedule an outdoor visit, please call Kristine Biernath, Unit Clerk, at 613-256-3113 ext. 2912 or the Charge Nurse at ext. 2905.
Thank you for your
support. If you have questions, please speak with the Director or Assistant Director of Care.
Keeping residents, staff, and the community safe is our number one priority. We will be carefully monitoring this process, along with directives and guidelines from Public Health and the Ministry of health, and will adjust our plan as required.
Family and friends can also send virtual cards through our website by visiting www.almontegeneral.com/ecards.
Welcome to Fairview Manor!
Fairview Manor is a long-term care home owned and operated by the Almonte General Hospital.
The Manor is a bright and spacious state-of-the-art home to 112 residents.
Read our Patient and Resident Handbook.
Fairview Manor is connected to the Almonte General Hospital by a 15,000-square-foot link that houses a cafeteria and kitchen serving Fairview Manor and the Hospital. The link permits residents, staff, volunteers and visitors to move easily from Long-Term Care to the Hospital. To ensure a safe and secure environment for its residents all doors in the Home leading to stairways and the outside of the Home are kept closed and locked. They are also equipped with a door access control system that is kept on at all times.
Fairview Manor is regulated by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and is fully accredited by Accreditation Canada.
In keeping with the Smoke-Free Ontario Act, there is no smoking anywhere on the Fairview Manor grounds, including the parking lot. Municipal by-law enforcement officers may, in accordance with the legislation, fine anyone they find contravening the law.
For more information, contact Amanda Becking, Assistant Director of Resident Care at:
75 Spring St
613-256-2514 ext. 2963