Protecting Your Privacy
We understand that your personal information and personal health information must be protected.
For these reasons we will:
- Provide the best possible level of confidentiality around the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information and personal health information.
- Collect only necessary information and use that information solely for the care and treatment you are seeking.
- Disclose only information necessary for the delivery of your care and the management of the health care system. This could include sharing information with your family doctor, a laboratory, another health care provider, your health insurance plan or regional/provincial EMPI systems (Enterprise Master Patient Index). This could mean disclosing information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, research requests, patient satisfaction surveys, religious organizations, and teaching or statistical requirements.
- Ask your permission before disclosing any of your information for purposes not related directly to the above such as internal Almonte General Hospital and Fairview Manor fundraising. We will also respect your right to withdraw your consent to use your information for purposes other than for legal or regulatory requirements.
- Recognize your right to access your personal information and personal health information when you request it and provide copies for a fee.
- Recognize your right to access your personal information and personal health information with a member of our staff during your stay.
- Respond to your questions or concerns about the way we handle the privacy of your information.
Unless you tell us differently, we may:
- Advise visitors or callers that you are a patient in the Almonte General Hospital and which unit you are on.
- Disclose your personal health information with other health care providers in the Circle of Care who need to know this information to provide you with care or help provide you with care.
- Give your name, your location in the hospital, and your religious affiliation to community faith group representatives, but only if you tell us your religious affiliation.
- Disclose your contact information (name and address) to our Foundation so that they may conduct fundraising to improve our health care facilities, services and programs.